Nobody wants to receive a parcel multiple days after it’s due to arrive. Having a business or online service means you have to keep customer satisfaction up and ensure your customers return to you in future. There are different ways you can do this, and one of them is to make sure your shipping service is the best, and when we say the best – we mean, the best. Perhaps your business is struggling, and you need some advice on how to improve your shipping service? That’s what this article is for! When you take measures to improve your service overall, then you’re more likely to get customers buying more and eventually returning to your service over your competitors.
Why is Reliable Shipping Important?
Having a reliable shipping service means your parcels get to their intended destinations with plenty of time and thus you have satisfied customers. Your business thrives off its customers and the more you have, the better. When a company has reliable shipping, it improves how your business is seen by potential and returning customers, this is always a great thing if you’re starting out or you want an increase in sales.
Building a good and reliable name for yourself in an industry is highly essential if you want to get more customers as people will only shop on the sites that seem credible. Shipping is mostly what will bring customers to your website, but if you have lousy shipping processes and don’t reliably handle shipping queries, then it can be the end of your business altogether. Everyone wants fast service, and if you can provide it – you’ll be loved by a lot of people. It can really be the make or break of the business.
There are hundreds of brands out there that really do show that reliable shipping can improve your sales. The likes of JJ’s House and VeryVoga are two brands that have some of the best shipping processes, and their sales are through the roof. The more reliable shipping services they have provided have led them to get a lot more sales and happy customers.
What We Can Do to Improve Delivery Service
Taking some steps to improve your delivery service can positively impact the way your business and brand is viewed. If you’ve had a lot of negativity, then it may be time to think of some ways to improve, or if you’re just starting out later, you want to ensure people always see your business or brand as reliable.
- Improve communication within your warehouse – if your shipping system doesn’t function properly, then it could be that communication within your warehouse isn’t as good as it should be. You may need to ask your warehouse manager to communicate more with the courier and the marketing side of the business. It’s easy for processes to get mixed up and sometimes warehouse staff don’t know the extent of orders. Improving communication will mean you don’t have delays and customers receive everything on time.
- Use a reliable courier – there are so many couriers out there that are known for either being great or really bad. Whenever you set up a courier deal, then make sure you only use a reliable one. You don’t want to be getting everything right but then the courier lets you down – it should all fall into place perfectly. If you’re unsure of a reliable courier to use, then we’ve listed some common ones below.
- Offer postal tracking information – this way, if a customer’s parcel has been delayed for any reason, then they are able to see why and follow it when it’s on its way. By having tracking information available it also becomes more of the courier’s responsibility and rather than a customer contacting you about an issue they will contact them.
Reliable Worldwide Couriers to Use
- Royal Mail (a government-owned postal service in the UK)
- Blue Dart (a domestic courier in India)
- FedEx (an American global courier service)
- United Parcel Service (UPS) (an American delivery company that delivers globally)
- PostNL (postal service operating in the UK, Netherlands, Italy, and Germany)